Trailwood team of drivers and dispatchers are automotive supply-chain experts. We're the trusted logistics provider for manufacturers and assembly plants that rely on Just-in-Time cross-border freight. We are committed to the success of our employees and provide the training, support and equipment to help them. Our drivers are the heart of our company. Their expertise and professionalism help us ensure that our customer’s freight is safe and on-time. They are backed up by a dedicated team of dispatchers, safety and compliance, office staff, customer service representatives and management.
- Open board positions available out of our Putnam yard
- Some dedicated lanes to MI and OH may be available
- Potenial income of $200,000 plus, depending on your availabiltiy and freight volumes
- Please confirm the specifics with the Recruiting Team
Why work with Trailwood?
- Some dedicated runs are available
- Competitive pay package
- Paid via direct deposit
- Paid border crossing
- Dedication to your work/life balance
- Safety Bonus
The Professional Transport Operator is responsible for:
- Safe operation of equipment at all times, in the movement of freight for our customers throughout Canada and the United States.
- Responsible for trip planning safe and efficient, and legal route for delivery of assigned freight.
- Operate within the Hours of Service Regulations outlined by MTO and FMCSA.
- Adhere to MTO and DOT regulations at all times.
- Operate within the government regulations and company policies.
- Ensure proper pre-trip, post trip, inspections of equipment, and that all equipment is fit for use and in compliance with DOT/ MTO regulations at all times.
- Ensure Cargo is secured and loaded properly.
- Complete all assigned paperwork, and proper customs clearance procedures as required.
- Complete all training as assigned by the company.
A professional transport operator requires physical agility to work around equipment for pre- and post-trip inspections, hand-bombing and manual adjustments to equipment, and mental concentration for long periods of sitting and driving.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Maintain a current and valid AZ license.
- Current CVOR abstract (within 30 days).
- Current driver abstract (within 30 days).
- Current criminal search (within 90 days).
- Oral, written and comprehension skills in English at a minimum Grade 10 level.
- Operation of satellite communication equipment.
- Work in all climates and weather and road conditions.
- Entered into consortium for random drug & alcohol testing – zero tolerance.
- Owner Operator vehicle must pass company inspection and comply with company requirements