Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
Presents a positive image to Gordon Food Service (GFS) while transporting loaded and empty trailers from GFS Distribution Centers or from point-to-point via night transit in a timely manner. Presents a positive image when delivering to our volume customers. Operates GFS equipment in a professional and safe manner demonstrating attention to detail, safe work habits, and working knowledge of refrigerated van.
What We Offer:
- Starting rate of $25.50 per hour, move up to $27.60 per hour after 12 months!
- Schedule: 3 days with 12 hour. Mon, Wed, Thursday. Starting at 3-4 PM.
- Retention Bonus - Earn Up to and Over $4000 in your first 12 months! ($2 per hour for every hour worked) paid after 6 & 12 months
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and EFAP Benefits after 30 days of employment
- FULL flex benefits program
- Advancement opportunities
- 125 years, family-owned and operated company history
- Benefits for you and your family after 30 DAYS!!
- Paid Family Responsibility time allowing for flexible discretionary allocation for personal & sick time
- Company provided Uniforms & Personal Protective Equipment
- Clean & Well Maintained Newer Equipment
- Consistent year-round work
- Many more Discounts, Training and Opportunities!
- Ensures safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of GFS products.
- Transports loaded and empty trailers from GFS Distribution Centers or from point-to-point via night transit in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with the Manager, Assistant Transportation Manager and/or dispatcher for work assignments, changes in assignments and on-time delivery performance.
- Ability to perform all transit functions by the 90th day of employment.
- Delivers volume customers and presents a positive image in customer service while making deliveries.
- Perform proper equipment maintenance, monitor reefer temperature, and reports mechanical issues and damages in timely manner.
- Complete daily check-ins in a timely manner with no errors.
- Collaborates with management and sales representatives to communicate customer concerns.
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicles and equipment. Completes check in process accurately and on time. Manage paperwork to include register, credits, pick-ups, etc
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with other GFS employees.
- Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and ideas. Attending department meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- This position requires punctuality, problem solving and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and also function in a team environment.
- Must be goal oriented with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this job including lifting, pushing, pulling of product.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next stage will be contacted. Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.50 per hour