At GFL our goal is to invest in our people and provide opportunities to grow, for life!
Our employees are affectionately known as team green, a name that unites us all under our shared purpose of providing sustainable solutions to enable our customers and communities to be GREEN FOR LIFE!
We offer a competitive benefits plan, including RRSP match, orthodontics and vision coverage
With 20,000+ employees across North America, we offer a dynamic set of career opportunities, locations and growth!
We appreciate all of the local communities we live and work in, and actively contribute to them through our flagship Full Circle Project
We believe investing in the future is the right investment, our first fully electric truck is now in operation!
GFL is traded on the NYSE & the TSX – search “GFL” to see our stock performance
The Driver will collect various solid hazardous wastes from various customer sites. Will be required to load and unload trucks. They will have the ability to operate a variety of truck and equipment including vacuum trucks, box trucks, tractor trailer and any other equipment that fits their license. You will be required to complete all necessary paperwork and government documents. Speaking with the customers and verifying they are satisfied with our service. Keeping in close contact with your supervisor/dispatcher is required on a daily basis. You will generally work without direct supervision but will always be part of a team that works together to make sure all customers are serviced in a professional and timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Operate Vacuum/Hydrovac Truck, Box Truck, or Tractor Trailer
- Power washing and high-pressure water blasting as required
- Line snaking, drain and pipe Inspections as required
- Operate pick-up truck, utility trailer, forklift, excavator, bobcat, etc
- Maintain cleanliness of Tools and Equipment and Industrial Services Shop
- Industrial cleaning of chemical non-hazardous and hazardous waste
- Collection of hazardous and non-hazardous goods
- Complete all necessary paperwork and government documents
- Assist plant operations as required
- Valid Commerical Driver's License/ Class-3 License.
- 1+ year experience with manual transmission required
- Manual dexterity, ability to lift 75+ lbs. required
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Will be required to work both indoors and outdoors
- Mechanical aptitude
- Overtime as required
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.