Just For Snow
Snow Plow/Salt Truck Driver/ Operator
If you like working outdoors, aren’t afraid of a little cold weather and a lot of hard work, this is the position for you! The reality is that it won’t always be easy; with long hours and undesirable weather conditions, the snow season can be tough. You will be working with a team of passionate and dedicated team members who will support you in a challenging yet rewarding job. Our Snow Removal Team is essential to keeping our communities safe. Come join us in making your outdoor world safe & beautiful!
Job Summary/ What to Expect
- You will be operating a pick up truck with v-plow and salter.
- Some light shoveling and hand salting will be required. Larger walkways will be cleared/ salted by a dedicated walkway crew.
- You will be assigned and responsible for a route with an expected completion time of 8-10 hours/ round (based on 4-6 inches of snow).
- You are expected to work when there is snow forecasted. This includes weekends, holidays, as well as pre-salting routes when freezing rain is forecasted.
- Utilize the YETI software to cost track labour and salt usage (training provided).
- Maintenance (cleaning) of your truck is your responsibility and must be done after each outing.
- You are expected to manage time to complete all snow clearing and salting operations by set deadline, and communicate any extenuating circumstances to the account manager.
- All equipment, tools, training, and detailed site maps will be provided.
- Uniforms will be provided, excluding winter boots and jacket (sweater, hat, gloves, face shield, reflective vest, waterproof windbreaker).
- Training will be provided during the paid orientation period.
- As a truck operator, you will be paid a guaranteed minimum of $500 biweekly as base pay, which covers up tp 20 hours of work. All hours after the 20th will be compensated at a rate of $25-35/ Hr. (This is in effect until March 19th).
- You must be available and ready to work to qualify for base pay.
- Potential for seasonal bonus (performance based).
- Previous experience in winter works operations is a must.
- Valid ‘G’ driver's license with a clean abstract, and reliable transportation to and from the contract site.
- Comfortable driving in the snow.
- Available to be on call 24/7.
- Ability to remain flexible with shift schedules, extended hours (evenings, weekends, nights, and holidays). Ability and willingness to work long hours during peak days.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have access to a mobile smartphone.
- Must live within a maximum of 45 minutes driving distance from our warehouse location/ dedicated site.
- Physically fit - ability to lift 50 lbs or more
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Requires good manual dexterity
- Prolonged driving requirement
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions cold, wind and snow
In this industry, this job may also be known as: Snowplow, Heavy Equipment Operator, Snow Removal, Winter Snow Removal, Snow Labourer, Ice Removal, Snow Clearing
Job Types: Full-time, Casual
Salary: $25.00-$35.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
Sanitation materials and PPE will be supplied for all staff members.
- Class G Licence (required)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
- Overnight Shift (required)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-02-27