Join the Acden Team!
Located in Fort McMurray, where people come for the livelihood, and stay for the lifestyle. Be part of a growing team that drives you to success and personal development. In Acden, we strive to make you feel valued. We don’t just give you the job. We treat you like family!
Acden Environment is currently accepting applications for Class One (1) Operators to join its Saprae Creek Facility operations in Fort McMurray, Alberta. This position will consist of 7 days on, 7 days off; 12-hour day shifts; however, schedules, shifts and site locations may change from time to time to meet operational requirements.
What are the expectations for the role?
- Operate truck-mounted hydraulic hoisting devices and various highway tractor/trailers including Lugger, Roll Off, and Front Load
- Maintain waste services through collection and transportation of waste and equipment
- Complete thorough Commercial Vehicle Inspections, including documenting and reporting of deficiencies promptly to immediate Supervisor
- Inspect condition of waste bins, report defects, and monitor condition and functionality
- Notify Dispatch of delays, unsafe work sites, incidents, equipment breakdowns and/or other maintenance or operational concerns
- Ensure all waste services are completed in a safe and timely manner
- Address and resolve client concerns and when appropriate refer inquiries to Leadership
- Ensure that housekeeping and cleanliness of worksites and equipment are sustained
- Other duties as assigned that fulfill the demands of the role
What are the job requirements?
- Valid Class One (1) Operator’s Licence or equivalent
- Successfully complete a driver’s evaluation
- Three (3) or more years of professional truck driving experience
- Valid Common Safety Orientation (CSO); or OSSA BSO Certificate, or a combination of CSTS-09 and OSSA Regional certificates
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) knowledge and working experience
- Load Securement Experience as per the Alberta Provincial Hours of Service Regulations
- Roll Off and Front Load Waste Truck experience is a strong asset
- Experience adhering to the Alberta Provincial Hours of Service Regulations
- Eligible to work on all Acden client sites
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive industry wage with opportunity for overtime as available
- Opportunity to participate in Acden’s RRSP Contribution Matching Program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Opportunity to work on a variety of routes on site and within the RMWB
- Join Acden’s various community, family-oriented, and holiday events
- Opportunity to learn and gain skills on various equipment and with our Training and Development Fund
- A position that allows for Work/Life Balance
- Participate in Acden’s immediate Comprehensive Group Benefits Plan which includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance
- Employee perks and discounts provided by Acden and Perkopolis
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found. We would like to thank all who apply for your interest in working on our team; however, only those selected for a preliminary interview will be contacted. Competition #: AE-2023-013.
If you are interested in learning more about us, visit our website at www.acden.com
Acden is an indigenous-owned organization, as such, applicants are invited to indicate if they identify as a member of a Canadian Indigenous Group (i.e. Status First Nations, Non-Status First Nations, Métis, or Inuit). Acden is owned by the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation (ACFN). We invite ACFN members to please specify if you are a member of the ACFN.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $34.00-$36.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort McMurray, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Lugger Truck operating: 1 year (preferred)
- Roll Off Truck operating: 1 year (preferred)
- Front Load operating: 1 year (preferred)
- load securement: 1 year (preferred)
- TDG knowledge and: 1 year (preferred)
- Commercial driving: 3 years (preferred)
- Common Safety Orientation "CSO" or equivalent (preferred)
- Class 1 Driver's Licence (preferred)
Work Location: One location