BASIC FUNCTION: The Delivery Driver/Yard worker provides fast, friendly service by delivering products and/or supplies to customers, vendors and job sites. Customer service is your top priority, and you will go above and beyond to exceed customers’ expectations while providing fast, accurate and efficient deliveries while following store policy and procedures’ when it comes to safety. They work closely with the pickers, and the Warehouse Team Leader to load, secure and check orders before departure. They are positive, enthusiastic and excel and perform well under pressure in both team and individual environments. When not performing delivery duties they will be required to maintain the yard and warehouse to store standards, ensure stock is filled, yard cleanliness is maintain and customer are being taken care of. Our main priority is to provide the best quality customer service to our customers.
EXPERIENCE: Class 3 License with air break endorsement preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of building materials products will be considered an asset.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Maintain a good driving record and lawfully operation of vehicles.
- Be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work in outside environment, will be exposed to the weather.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
- Valid driver’s license
- Insurability for driving.
- Will require drivers abstract upon hire
- Forklift Certification (considered an asset)
- First Aid Certificate with CPR (considered an asset)
- Boom Operators Certificate (considered an asset)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pugwash, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location