Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Barkman Concrete Ltd. is a leading manufacturer of precast concrete. Since 1948, Barkman has sustained growth through the contributions of our team members’ commitment to customer service, quality, and innovative products.
We currently have an opportunity for a Truck Driver to join our Winnipeg Shipping team. For this role you would operate either a semi with a straight trailer with a triple axel or a smaller tandem axle truck and a Moffett forklift for site deliveries. Scheduled deliveries are primarily Monday to Friday.
To be successful in this role you will have:
People Skills: You will have a positive attitude, willingness to help co-workers’ complete tasks, be punctual with a commitment to good attendance and the ability to work with others to problem-solve.
Focus on Quality: You will have an eye for detail and take pride in your workmanship. Barkman takes pride in what we do therefore, a high level of commitment and a can-do attitude towards quality is a vital requirement for this role.
Capacity: You will understand the importance of time management and work ethic towards getting tasks completed and meeting high quality customer service standards.
Some of the responsibilities for this role may include:
· Working with Shipping Consultants and Forklift Operators to review orders and planning efficient delivery routes
· Operating a truck and Moffett or Crane for loading and unloading product
· Following all regulated safe driving practices, DOT regulations, safe work procedures, vehicle inspection/maintenance, cleanliness of equipment and cargo securement practices
· Representing Barkman on the roads in a safe professional manner to other drivers and construction crews
· Delivering mostly at residential and retail locations which includes ensuring site is assessed for safety hazards, delivery documentation is processed, and the drop off location of product meets the customer’s expectations
· Communicating and problem solving with on-site customers, Shipping Consultants and Forklift Operators in a positive, customer focused manner
· Using a smart phone to confirm deliveries and contact customers prior to delivery
· Ensuring time management of deliveries and dock times are being met and to communicate to the Shipping team of any interruptions or issues immediately so that customers can be kept up to date
· Required to wear high visibility vests and safety shoes on yard and all delivery sites.
Successful candidates will have:
· A Class 1 driver’s license with air endorsement (required), minimum 1 year experience driving
· Ability to drive a variety of different trucks (tandem, semi etc.)
· Experience with Moffett’s or off-loading equipment is an asset. Barkman will provide training to all operators.
· Familiarity and comfort with driving throughout the city of Winnipeg on both residential and main routes
· Ability to start work at 6am, for a minimum 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday
· Flexibility on overtime as dock times and site drop offs may differ from schedule
· Capability of physical activities including working outside in all seasons, walking, standing, kneeling, bending, lifting up to 50lbs, reaching, using both arms/hands to operate equipment, climbing up to Moffett and on trailer deck
What We Offer:
Wages will be dependent on education, skills, and experience. To learn more about our company and products visit www.barkmanconcrete.com
Please apply by submitting a resume (please note we will be conducting interviews as resumes are received).
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 5 months
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Company events
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person