"People Moving Energy"
Positions Hiring:Straight Can, Tri-Quad, Super B
Branches Hiring: Grande Prairie, Alberta & Cliffdale (Peace River), Alberta
- Grande Prairie Branch: Housing accommodations are available for out-of-town applicants!
- Cliffdale Branch: Hiring for Rotation Camp Work!! Gym, TVs, Hot Meals, Own Room and more!!
- Signing Bonus
- Family Orientated
- Competitive Wages
- Referral Bonus Programs
- Great Health Benefits
- RRSP Matching
- Multiple Shift Options
- Scheduled Days Off
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Steady, Reliable Work
- Safety-Focused Work Environment
- Equal Opportunities
- Housing Options Available
- Travel Program Available
- Rotation Camp Work Available
ABOUT PVT GROUP:
PVT is one of the largest privately owned energy service companies in Western Canada, serving a wide variety of oil and gas clients for nearly 20 years. PVT offers fluid, vac, and sand hauling services throughout Western Canada.
Our top-quality execution starts with our people. We take pride in having a team built on integrity and professionalism. The pride our team has coupled with industry leading expertise ensures the highest quality service for clients. The team’s strong work ethic guarantees consistent and effective solutions to satisfy customer needs and sets PVT apart from competitors.
A MESSAGE FROM THE OWNER:
At PVT Group, we focus very heavily on company culture. We feel in order to set up our employees and company for success, we need to promote and sustain a working environment that is professional and inclusive for all. This philosophy has guided PVT this far very successfully and will lead us forward for years to come.
The Tank Truck Operator is responsible for following all NSC regulations regarding this position. The Operator is responsible for taking part in daily pre-trips, and assessments prior to starting every job. The Operator must follow all Standard Work Procedures (SWP) and will always discuss with their supervisor if they are unable to follow procedure.
The Operator is responsible for transporting bulk fluid to and from different locations while complying with all TDG regulation. The Operator is responsible for loading, transporting, and offloading of both TDG regulated and non-regulated fluids associated with the pursuit of oil & gas. The Operator is responsible for minor maintenance of the unit they are operating, including greasing of the fifth wheel, and maintaining of the operating fluids.
The Operator is responsible for the daily completion and accuracy of federally required paperwork, as per legislation and company policy. Required documents include, but are not limited to, Daily Driver Logs, Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR’s), Residue Last Contained Forms, Waste Manifests, Permits, Job Hazard Safety Assessments, Daily Field Tickets and Daily Time Sheets.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes part in all pre-job hazard assessments, and inspections prior to commencing any job.
- Complies with Performance Vac & Tank Services Ltd.’s Health and Safety Manual.
- Reports all incidents, accidents and/or near misses, or equipment damage as soon as they happen.
- Wears all required PPE for the task at hand and ensuring that it is maintained and in good repair.
- Hands in paperwork as required by dispatch, administration, and the safety department.
- Ensures federal hours of service are adhered to and that logbooks are filled out and complete when handed in for daily and monthly auditing purposes.
- Attend all safety meetings as required.
- Operates tank units and associated equipment in a safe, responsible, and professional manner.
- Ensures proper load securement of any hoses, chemical pails, or any other equipment as necessary.
- Ensures that there is always a watch person when working in Confined Spaces.
- Other job duties as required, as the above duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 1 - 3 years of directly related experience
- Class 1 licence
- Less than 6 demerits (province specific)
- No suspensions or convictions in the past 3 years
- Valid safety certifications such as Standard First Aid and H2S
- Gas Detection and Oilfield Driver Awareness (ODA) an asset
- Oil field service industry knowledge
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to work with little supervision
- Demonstrates leadership skills and abilities
- Above average work ethic
- Equipment operation
- Leadership skills
- Quality orientation
- Time management
- Organization and planning
- Development and continual learning
- Strong communication skills
- Energetic and the ability to handle a large workload
- Accountability and dependability
- Decision making and judgement
- Ethics and integrity
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Will require travel to other branch locations as well as project sites that require the use of personal protective equipment such as steel toed boots, coveralls, safety glasses, hard hat and mandatory hearing protection.
- Some physical labour required.
- Able to occasionally lift items as heavy as 50 lbs as well as reaching above shoulder height or below the waist.
- Will be exposed to a variety of weather conditions and job scopes.
- Sitting and/or standing as needed, as well as walking on uneven surfaces for periods throughout the day.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a full-time hourly position. Standard hours of work will vary. On-call responsibilities will be required on a 24 hour per day basis with the exception of requested and approved time off by a direct supervisor.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you interested in our Grande Prairie Alberta Branch or Cliffdale (Peace River) Alberta Branch?
- Do you have experience with Tri-Tri's, Tri-Quads, Super B's? Please explain
- What type of fluids have you hauled in the past?
- How many years of Class 1 experience do you have?
- Class 1 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person